My Design Philosophy
I believe that the current state of AAA games leave a lot to be desired in the way that old school games played. Things such as:
- Emphasis on exploration and reward
- Making the player figure things out on their own
- Challenging but fair difficulty
- Leaving cryptic clues that lead to amazing secrets
- Allowing players to fail
- Enforcing consequence for actions/Mistakes
and many more things that we all remember.
Why I Started this
I started game development because I feel that current, mainstream games are a shell of what they could be. They lack soul, depth and character. They feel “conveyor-belt-y”. With that, I decided to go forth and learn how to make a game so that I could try and bring something of my own to the table instead of complaining about the work of others.